Mini Haul: Candles & Beauty Bits

Yesterday on a whim, I decided to hit up my local mall while I ran some errands after my oh-so enjoyable (sarcasm) doctor's appointment. Everyone who goes to the doctor deserves some retail therapy, right? I recently emptied some of my favourite everyday beauty products that needed replacing, and decided to pick up some boring home organization things and yummy candles. 

I love candles, the problem I've been having lately, is finding scents that I actually like. I don't know if it's my preggo nose that is getting in the way, but it seems like I don't like the way anything smells anymore! I've been wanting to buy candles for our new place but wasn't digging the flowery or fruity scents out there, or I found that the scents I had enjoyed didn't last which was disappointing. So! I hit up Bath and Body Works for their ever coveted candles! I was initially looking for the 3-wick candles that they are famous for, but I couldn't fathom spending $40 on two candles (which was their deal apparently). I found the Paris French Daydream candle, which I LOVE the fresh scent of (I hear it's being discontinued) for a bargain at $11.50!
They had some other scents on sale as well, but nothing that I liked so instead I picked up two of the Sundress single-wick candles that were also on sale for $6 and they smell divine! I can't wait to light these babies up! Once I've given them a go, i'll let you know how I like them. Maybe in a favourites post? If you have a Bath and Body Works near you go check it out as they are having their semi-annual sale. I regret not picking up the shower gels and hand soaps. I might need to make another trip out!
Now on to the beauty items! I have mentioned a few times on this blog about cutting down on products I own, and not buying new items till I finish the old ones, which I must say, I have been doing very well. I had a big beauty product clear out before moving and again after moving, and have found that not only do I feel much better about having less, there is more room in my cabinet! I did however, use up all of my current everyday mascara that I have been loving, but decided to try something different. I love Rimmel products and so far have had good experiences with the mascaras that I have used. One of my previous favourites, if you recall from this post, was the Rimmel Extra Wow Lash Mascara, and as I was looking to repurchase this one, I came across the Rimmel Extra 3D Lash Mascara and decided to give it a shot.
One of my ultimate favourite skincare products is Bio Oil, and as I have just emptied my last bottle, a replacement was in order! Bio Oil is such a versatile product that can be used for many different skincare dilemmas. Honestly, I use this stuff for everything! Stretch marks, scars, irritated skin - you name it, i've used it! I also find that you don't need to use too much product at once, so although it's a little pricey for the size, it's well worth it!
I must admit, this is a little bit of a want purchase rather than need but I did finish my currently eyeliner so I think that will justify this purchase! I was on the hunt for a Kohl/ Kajal that I could wear for everyday use as I have pencil and liquid eyeliners, but they just weren't what I was looking for to use on the daily. I haven't used NYC probably since middle school (when it was all the rage), but I decided to give the NYC Show Time Kohl Kajal a shot because it's exactly what i'm looking for. I wanted something that WOULDN'T give me that "perfect" eyeliner look but instead, something I could apply easily and smudge to create a smoky look with. I wore it for a few hours yesterday, and found that it applies easily which I love so far.
I don't know about you but for some reason when summer time rolls around, I drop my perfumes and grab my body sprays and mists. Although, I use them year round, there's something about being and wearing all things light and airy that I enjoy about summer. I have emptied my current fave, the Bath and Body Works Moonlight Path Fine Fragrance Mist and since I am due for a replacement, I had being eyeing the Calgon line of body mists at my local drugstore and after much deliberation, I picked the Calgon Turquoise Seas Body Mist.  I've been using Calgon body mists for years and years now, and it actually stemmed from my Mum who uses them religiously. So for me it was a no-brainer when it came to my next body spray purchase that Calgon was on the top of my list. I'm trying to think of the best way to describe the scent as I write this, but it reminds me of fresh, clean laundry. Hopefully, I can give you a better description as I have had some more use!
I hope you enjoyed this small haul of things I purchased. Let me know if you have used any of these products before!
- SMS XO

Comments